Human Growth & Development Education Curriculum
The purpose of this video is to present human growth and development in an engaging, non-threatening way that will hold the interest of students through animation, appropriate humor and special effects.
A majority of the video is designed to be presented coeducationally. Research has shown that presenting this information to pre-adolescent students in a mixed gender group results in a positive and respectful understanding of this sensitive subject. However, the video includes separate boys’ and girls’ breakout sessions. These sessions allow students to ask questions specific to their gender.
The video is divided into 8 segments. These segments can be grouped into any combination that fits your specific schedules/needs. These include:
- Normal human growth and development
- The physical and emotional changes of puberty
- The female reproductive system and menstruation
- The male reproductive system and sperm production
- Reproduction, fetal development and wrap up
- Boys only break-out session
- Girls only break-out session
This yearly lease gives you access to all segments of the video through our website. In addition, the following tools will be provided.
The facilitator’s manual will include:
- An outline of the video’s purpose and content.
- Tips on managing classroom behavior and talking to concerned parents.
- Examples of how to set a positive tone with your students before they watch the video.
- A sample parent permission slip
- A sample letter to the parents
- A family interview handout
- A student post test with answer key
|1||Normal Human Growth and Development||8:56|
|2||The Physical and Emotional Changes of Puberty||15:33|
|3||Female Reproductive System & Menstruation||10:30|
|4||Male Reproductive System & Sperm Production||7:42|
|5||Reproduction, Fertilization, & Attachment||6:43|
|6||Fetal Development & Wrap-Up||10:04|
|7||Girls-Only Break-Out Session||6:45|
|8||Boys Only Break-Out Session||4:52|